Key services provided by the Human Resources Division include:
- Administers the City’s personnel rules and regulations and assures the City has fair and equitable policies and procedures that are uniformly interpreted and implemented.
- Recruitment, application review, testing, and placement of employees.
- Classification and compensation administration.
- Represents the City Council and City Manager on employee relations matters with representatives of recognized employee organizations.
- Employee benefits administration.
- Coordinates employee training and development programs.
Risk Management and Workers Compensation programs are managed by the Administrative Services Department who can be reached at (831) 648-3100
The City of Pacific Grove Annual Compensation Report, as required by AB2040, is available on the State Controller's Government Compensation in California website at www.publicpay.ca.gov.