The Human Resources office provides centralized personnel administration and employee relations services to all City departments and administers employee benefits. Human Resources is a division of the Office of the City Manager. The City Manager serves as the Personnel Officer.
Key services provided by the Human Resources Division include:
- Administers the City’s personnel rules and regulations and assures the City has fair and equitable policies and procedures that are uniformly interpreted and implemented.
- Recruitment, application review, testing, and placement of employees.
- Classification and compensation administration.
- Represents the City Council and City Manager on employee relations matters with representatives of recognized employee organizations.
- Employee benefits administration.
- Coordinates employee training and development programs.
Risk Management and Workers Compensation programs are managed by the Finance Department who can be reached at (831) 648.3100
The City of Pacific Grove Annual Compensation Report, as required by AB2040, is available on the State Controller's Government Compensation in California website at www.publicpay.ca.gov.