Active Initial Studies and Negative Declarations
- 1661 Sunset Drive (APNs 007-041-033, -034, -035). Project description: The demolition of an existing non-historic home on APN -035 and the construction of a new split-level 5,912 sq. ft. home on APNs -033 and -034 which are proposed to be merged. The project includes restoration activities and archaeological monitoring. The Draft Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration can be viewed on the State's CEQAnet Database: SCH # 2021040697
- 1725 Sunset Drive, Pacific Grove, Monterey County, CA. Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN): 007-061-036-000 The proposed project entails a comprehensive interior and exterior remodel of an existing 2,518 square foot (sf) two-story single-family residence. The square footage of the existing residence would not increase. The project would include the replacement of the existing concrete driveway with permeable pavers, replacement of an existing 357 sf paved patio, and a new 648 sf paved patio as an immediate outdoor living space. The site is in the Coastal Zone and within an environmentally sensitive habitat area (ESHA). The project includes restoration activities and archaeological monitoring. The Draft Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration can be viewed on the State's CEQAnet Database: SCH # 2021040725
- 342 Asilomar (APN 006-484-008). Project Description: The demolition of an existing one-story single-family dwelling and the construction of a new 2,590 sq. ft. two-story, single-family residence with an attached garage. The project is in the early stages of the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration process.
Active Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Project
- Revised Notice of Availability of a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
- Draft EIR - Volume I
- Draft EIR - Volume II (Appendices)
- The Final Environmental Impact Report is available for public review. The project's public hearing before the City's Architectural Review Board is scheduled for December 15, 2020 at 3pm. The project's public hearing before the Planning Commission is tentatively scheduled for January 14, 2021. The City Council's consideration of the proposed lease agreement and any appeal or call-up of the Planning Commission's decision is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Note: Due to the size of all of the above documents, they may take several minutes to load.
AMERICAN TIN CANNERY HOTEL AND COMMERCIAL PROJECT DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT PUBLIC REVIEW PERIOD. The City of Pacific Grove, as the Lead Agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the proposed American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Project for public review. The public review period of the DEIR (with Appendices) began on July 30, 2020 and was extended to conclude on September 28, 2020. The City has extended the public review period from an initial 45-day period to a 60-day period as a courtesy to reviewers and to provide for more time for individuals who prefer to review a printed copy of the document or who are unable to access the document electronically.
Document Availability: DUE TO SHELTER IN PLACE REQUIREMENTS AND COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES ENACTED BY THE CITY, THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. HARD COPIES OF DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT NORMAL PUBLIC LOCATIONS. HOWEVER, THE CITY HAS TWO (2) FULL HARD COPIES AVAILABLE ON A "CHECK-OUT" BASIS FROM THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. CALL ALYSON HUNTER, SENIOR PLANNER, AT 831.648.3127 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
If individuals would like to purchase their own hard copy of either or both volumes of the document, City staff is working with the FedEx Office located at 799 Lighthouse Ave. in Monterey (Tel: 831.373.2298) to arrange for printed copies to be purchased. Individuals wanting to obtain hard-copies of the Draft EIR should contact FedEx staff directly to make arrangements and note that this is for the City of Pacific Grove's American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Draft EIR.
Please note that Volume I contains the Executive Summary, a discussion of impacts and alternatives, and the environmental analysis. It is 490 pages. Volume II contains the technical appendices and special studies. It is 1,189 pages long. The entire document is 1,679 pages.
For more information about public access to printed documents during th COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Office of Planning and Research (OPR) Document Filing Requirements website.
- Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report and Notice of Public Scoping Meeting
- All public comments received through January 2020
- Coastal Commission letter regarding NOP received 12-18-19
CEQA Resources for additional information:Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, State Clearinghouse
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Completed Environmental Impact Reports18 documents
Hotel Durell Project18 documents
- Final Environmental Impact Report - July 2018
- Final Environmental Impact Report - February 2018
- Hotel Durell Final EIR_Appendix A.1.
- Hotel Durell Final EIR_Appendix A.2.
- Hotel Durell Final EIR - Appendices B-D
- Draft Environmental Impact Report - August 2017
- Appendix C Combined
- Appendix 2 NOP
- Appendix 3 Plans
- Appendix 5 Noise
- Appendix 6 Transportation
- Appendix 7 UTL
- Appendix 8 GHG
- Appendix 9 Energy
- Notice of Preparation - March 15, 2017 through April 14, 2017
- Scoping Meeting at 6:00 p.m. on April 4, 2017 at 515 Junipero Ave
- Area of Special Biological Significance Stormwater Management Project
Completed Initial Studies and Mitigated Negative Declarations15 documents
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Pacific Grove Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Sanitary Improvements Project
- Final Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for Auto Auctions at Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course
- Final Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for PG&E LED Streetlights Upgrade
- Final Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for 1355 Lighthouse Avenue
- Final Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for 1635 Sunset Drive