Application Submittal Requirements
Applicants may complete and submit this application form. Both the property owner and applicant must sign the application form and submit the following items for consideration by the City:
- FEES: $92 for single tree removal/trimming and $28 for each additional tree removal/trimming. Please make checks payable to the City of Pacific Grove and submit with your application. Credit/debit card payments are subject to additional processing fees.
- COLOR PHOTOGRAPHS of trees proposed for removal (depicting reason for requested removal).
- MARKING TREES: All trees requested for removal must be marked with a bright fluorescent ribbon around the trunk of the tree.
- ARBORIST REPORT: A Certified Arborist report is typically required for any request to remove a live tree and when condition or viability of the tree(s) or its impact to property is not readily evident. If you already have a report, you may include it with your submission. Otherwise, the City Arborist after reviewing your application may require you to submit a report from an independent Certified Arborist.
- TREE REPLANT REQUIREMENT: Each tree removed must be replaced with a minimum one 5-gallon tree from the same tree canopy group. Applicants must replant trees within 60 days of tree removal and must send photo confirmation to the City. Failure to comply with the replant requirements and deadline, applicants will be required to pay in-lieu fees in accordance with the Fee Schedule (currently $790). The site plan on the application form must clearly indicate tree replants and types.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
- CITY BUSINESS AND STATE LICENSES: All tree service contractors providing tree care services in Pacific Grove must hold a valid business license with the City of Pacific Grove, a current California state contractor’s license, a D49 classification, and sufficient liability insurance; be bonded; and participate in the state’s workers’ compensation program.
- PERMITTED WORK HOURS AND NOISE LIMITS: Tree service contractors and property owners must adhere to the following construction hours unless otherwise approved by the City: 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Saturday and 10:00am to 5:00pm on Sundays