Short-term Rental License
The City is currently not accepting new STR License applications because there are no STR licenses available. If you wish to be notified regarding the STR waiting list application window, please let staff know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Short-term Rental License (STR) allows rental of an entire dwelling unit.
Cap, Density, and Occupancy Limits
- License Caps: STR Licenses are limited to 250 City-wide.
- Density: STR licenses are subject to a one-per-parcel and 55' zone of exlcusion limits.The zone of exlusion is the distance of fifty-five (55) lineal feet from an existing STR parcel boundary.
- Occupancy: Overnight occupants (aged 18 or older) are limited to two persons per bedroom, plus one additional person per site. The maximum number of day time (non-overnight) occupants is limited to 1.5 times the number of overnight occupants.
- Only the whole dwelling unit may be rented. (For renting a bedroom in your house, see Home Sharing).
- Established affordable housing units are not eligible for A STR license.
- Illegal residential units or unpermitted spaces associated with your property may not be rented.
- On-site parking, if available, shall be made available to renters.
- A Site Manager (i.e. property manager) is required unless the owner chooses to manage their own property. If an owner decides to manage their own property, the owner must reside no farther than 30 minutes by vehicle from the STR.
- Amplified sounds that are audible beyond the property boundaries are prohibited. Other noises that create a nuisance will be enforced in accordance with the City noise regulations.
- Auctions, commercial functions, and other similar activities are prohibited.
- Displaying of signs that indicate that the property is used or available for transient or short-term rental purposes is prohibited.