Garbage & Recycling
The City is committed to cleanliness and waste reduction by facilitating trash and recycling collection. To uphold this commitment, the City contracts with a private hauler who provides our residents and commercial businesses with trash, recycling and yard waste collection.
To report a littler problem: keepmontereycountyclean.org
- Annual Report of Solid Waste, Recycling and Organics Collection Services, 2020
- 2020 Quarterly Report 1 (January 1 - March 31, 2020)
- 2020 Quarterly Report 2 (April 1- June 20, 2020)
- 2020 Quarterly Report 3 (July 1 - September 30, 2020)
- 2020 Quarterly Report 4 (October 1 - December 31, 2020)
- Annual Report of Solid Waste, Recycling and Organics Collection Services, 2021
- 2021 Quarterly Report 1 (January 1 - March 30, 2021)
- 2021 Quarterly Report 2 (April 1 - June 20, 2021)
- 2021 Quarterly Report 3 (July 1 - September 30, 2021)
- 2021 Quarterly Report 4 (October 1 - December 31, 2021)
- Chapter 9.16 Garbage and Refuse Disposal
- Chapter 11.98 Reduction of Single-Use Plastic and Paper Carryout Bags
- Chapter 11.99 Food Packaging
GreenWaste RecoveryEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (831) 920-6707
GreenWaste Recovery began providing services to the residents and businesses of the City of Pacific Grove on August 1, 2015.
See GreenWaste Recovery's website for information on what services are available in Pacific Grove
Monterey Regional Waste Management DistrictThe District’s facilities are located on its 475-acre property, 2 miles north of Marina:
14201 Del Monte Boulevard
Marina, CA 93933-1670
Phone: (831) 384-5313
Monterey Regional Waste Management District manages solid waste from the Monterey Peninsula region. The District’s role includes the recovery of recyclable materials including cardboard, glass, wood, yard waste, plastics, metal, sheetrock, concrete, asphalt, reusable building materials, and resale items.
See the District’s website for information on their reuse, recycling, composting, materials recovery and landfill disposal programs
Franchise Agreement between the City of Pacific Grove and Greenwaste Recovery, Inc. for solid waste, recycling, and organics collection services (dated August 6 2014).
Monterey Regional Waste Management District for reuse, recycling, composting, materials recovery and landfill disposal
Monterey County Health Department on proper disposal of sharps and pharmaceuticals
GreenWaste Recovery - GreenWaste Recovery provides trash, recycling and yard waste collection. If you have questions regarding collection dates, bin replacement, what to recycle or service changes, please contact GreenWaste at (831) 920-6707.
CalRecycle - California's Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) brings together the state's recycling and waste management programs and continues a tradition of environmental stewardship.
Protect Your Central Coast to learn how to reduce, reuse and recycle in your home or business
Keep Monterey County Clean to report a litter problem
Monterey County Green Business Program
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Learn how reducing, reusing, and recycling can help you, your community, and the environment by saving money, energy, and natural resources from the US EPA.