|To report a sewer back-up or overflow, please call the Public Works Department at (831) 648-5722. After hours, call the after-hours emergency number at (831) 648-3143.|
|NEW! To submit a work request, fill out the following webform.|
|To report a water emergency anytime, please call California American Water toll-free at: (888) 237-1333
Public Works is responsible for the maintenance and operations of city-owned facilities and infrastructure, as well as for the planning, design, construction, or repair of the City's Capital Improvement Program projects.
The Public Works Department has several divisions: Building & Grounds, Cemetery, Waste Water, Safety Streets, Forestry, and Administration.
Reporting directly to the City Manager, the Director of Public Works is responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day leadership and management of the Department. The Director coordinates the department's annual operating budget and capital improvement projects and transportation improvement programs; controls and monitors expenses within budget and assures fiscal responsibility and cost-consciousness.
Public Works maintains all city-owned vehicles and equipment, providing repairs and preventative maintenance to all Administrative, Police, and Public Works vehicles and equipment. Public Works maintains all municipal roads, asphalt milling and paving, basin and culvert repairs and cleaning, street lighting, and street sign repairs wastewater and storm water infrastructure and maintenance. In addition, Public Works is responsible for the maintenance of the city buildings, including janitorial services to the City. Maintenance of the parks and grounds of all city-owned properties, including structure repairs, lawn and tree maintenance, and amenities repairs.
- Perkins Park Landscape Plan Project Website
- Lovers Point Coastal Access Project Information
- Point Pinos Trail Draft Plan Set
- Point Pinos Trail FINAL Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Point Pinos Trail Draft Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Draft Report Point Pinos Coastal Trail (Updated June 26, 2017)
- Pacific Grove Coastal Bluff Study
- Final Environmental Impact Report - Pacific Grove Local Water Project
- CEQA Notice of Exemption - Phase 7 Waste Water
- PG Sewer Collection System Master Plan 2014
- Sewer System Management Plan 2018 -Revision #2 ( Part1 Part2 Part3 )
- FIRST FLUSH - Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Street Sweeping Schedule - City of Pacific Grove
- Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Annual Report (2022)