Crack and slurry sealing is an important part of the City's pavement management program and the most appropriate method of pavement treatment for preventing rapid pavement deterioration and potholes due to inclement weather. This project will address 631,000 SF of roadway at various locations in the City.
- Scope of Work: 631,000 SF of crack and slurry seal treatment on various roadways
- Timing: Work will span the full month of June 2022
- Parking & Traffic: Construction notices and "No Parking" signs will be posted in advance of construction. Please expect temporary, partial closures and/or detours during construction.
STREET REHABILITATION PROJECT ON OCEAN VIEW BLVD
The Ocean View Blvd Street Rehabilitation Project will commence the week of March 14, 2022. The project will address two (2) segments of Ocean View Blvd (OVB):
- OVB from 2nd to Carmel Ave and
- OVB from 17th St to Sea Palm Ave
SCOPE OF WORK
- 182,000 SF of asphalt concrete overlay
- 3,000 SF of pavement patching
- Stormwater improvements: installation of 184 LF of stormwater pipe, reconstruction of 5 catch basins, construction of 2 new catch basins & 3 storm drain manhole access points
- Reconstruction of 300 SF of sidewalk & 140 LF of curb/gutter
- Reconstruction of 3 curb ramps, construction of 1 new curb ramp
- Sewer improvements: replacement of 725 LF of sanitary sewer pipe & rehabilitation of 8 manholes
- Thermoplastic pavement markings
Construction will begin the week of March 14, 2022.
PARKING & TRAFFIC
Construction notices and "No Parking" signs will be posted in advance of construction. Please expect temporary, partial closures and/or detours during construction.
Contact Public Works at (831) 648-5722.