ATC Hotel and Commercial Project
The CDP has been appealed to the Coastal Commission. City staff will not know the Commission's processing timeline or hearing date until announced to the public. For information on the appeal process and timeline, please contact Coastal Commission staff.
As portions of the project are within the designated Coastal Commission appeals jurisdiction, the City Council’s decision is appealable to the California Coastal Commission, at least for those portions within the appeals jurisdiction. The City Council will also consider the associated purchase and sale agreement and street vacation for the proposed use of a segment of the Sloat Avenue Right-of-Way (ROW) and a portion of the Ocean View Boulevard ROW.
The American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Project's Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) comment period closed on Monday, September 28, 2020, at 5:00 pm. The required 45-day comment period was extended to 60 days to provide for additional comment opportunities. Over 100 comment letters were received, including those by individuals who wrote more than one email or letter. Kimley-Horn and Associates, the EIR preparer, prepared responses to each of the comments received during the comment period and included these comments, along with appropriate updates to the EIR, in a proposed Final EIR. The Final EIR will be considered by City decision makers along with the project permits and entitlements. The FEIR is available for review at the Community Development Department at City Hall as well as on the City's CEQA webpage.
Project Description Summary
- Notice of Public Hearing at the October 28, 2021, Planning Commission Special Meeting, at 6pm
- Applicant's Presentation at the December 15, 2020, Architectural Review Board (ARB) Meeting
- Architectural Review Board, December 15 2020 - Packet
- Public Scoping Meeting, December 3, 2019, 5PM
American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Project Plans:
- Project Revisions Narrative - September 8, 2021
- REVISED Architectural Permit Submittal - Received December 9, 2021
- REVISED Architectural Permit Submittal - Received September 8, 2021
- Architectural Permit Submittal - Received November 30, 2020
- Coastal Development Permit Submittal - Received August 2020
American Tin Cannery Hotel and Commercial Project Studies: