Jenny McAdams Biography
Term Expires: November 2022
Council Position: Council Member
My civic leadership experience is:
Pacific Grove Council Member (2018 - present)
Accomplishments since 2018 are:
- Brought forth the Be SMART Educational Campaign on Responsible Firearm Storage.
- Brought forth a trash and litter agenda item which resulted in an increase in receptacles and city trash pick up during COVID-19.
- Advocated for and coordinated Pride Flags being displayed at City buildings for the month of June.
- Raised money for and coordinated downtown banners honoring Pacific Grove High School Seniors, class of 2020.
- Raised money for and coordinated downtown banners and posters regarding COVID-19 safety protocols for Pacific Grove small businesses.
- Brought forth an urgency ordinance for eviction protections and rental rate limits. (Even though this did not pass, it brought a needed awareness for renters during the pandemic.)
- Successfully advocated for an allocation of CARES Act funding to go toward a renter’s assistance and small business grant program.
- Served on the Public Safety Sub-Committee which resulted in the first public Town Hall ever in Pacific Grove with lots of meaningful dialogue.
- Brought forth and successfully strengthened the short term rental ordinance by prohibiting the advertisement of unlicensed short term rentals.
- Brought forth the Pacific Grove Equity and Empowerment Initiative.
- Represent Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula Regional Housing Coalition.
- Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (2018 - present)
- Economic Development Commission Liaison (2018 - present)
- Monterey County Business Council City Liaison (2020 - present)
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council Board Alternate (2020 - present)
- Pacific Grove High School Site Council (2020 - present)
- Environmental Quality Policy Committee- League of California Cities (2021 - present)
- Community Services Policy Committee- League of California Cities (2020)
- Monterey Bay Community Power Board (2018 - 2020)
Born and raised in Pacific Grove and mother to three amazing children, I work full time for Monterey County Supervisor Askew. I am passionate about Pacific Grove and love our community.
I will work to preserve Pacific Grove’s values.
- Create policy and culture for a welcoming community that feels like "your hometown."
- Balance the needs of people and our natural environment.
- Engage my neighbors in open dialogue to achieve our shared goals.
- Social equity and equal opportunity
- Accountable governance
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead