Chaps Poduri Biography
Term Expires: November 2024
Council Position: Council Member
- Smart Growth America and National Streets Coalition Champion, 2021-2022 Champions Institute (in collaboration with CDC)
- City resolution brought forward by Councilmember Poduri cited under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Chaps Poduri was elected in November, 2020 to serve a four-year term on the City Council. He is the Council’s liaison for the Architectural Review Board (ARB) and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force (DEI).
In addition, Chaps represents the City on the following boards, committees and groups:
- Board Member:
- - Transportation Agency of Monterey County (since 2020)
- Committee Member:
- - League of California Cities: Governance, Transparency and Labor Relations Policy Committee (2022)
- Group Member:
- - Housing Element Advisory Committee (2022)
Chaps has a Masters Degree in Computer Sciences and became a U.S. citizen in 2019 after 19 years of living in the United States. He moved to Pacific Grove with his family in 2016 and lives with his wife, his mother and three (rambunctious) children.
Chaps is deeply committed to representing our community, driving a collaborative relationship within our region, and preserving our values for the generations to come.
Active People, Healthy NationSM is a national initiative to help 27 million Americans become more physically active by 2027. This initiative promotes effective strategies recommended by the Community Preventive Services Task Force to improve physical activity. CDC, in collaboration with state, community, and national partners, promotes these proven strategies through Active People, Healthy Nation to ensure that all Americans have access to safe and accessible places for physical activity.
Get in touch with Chaps:
Write to him: email@example.com
Explore the latest: chapsforpg.com
Find him on Twitter: @chapsforpg
Disclaimer: Active People, Healthy Nation is a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) service mark. The service mark is for use by members of the Champions Institute only. Use of Active People, Healthy NationSM does not imply review, approval, or endorsement by HHS.