BEAUTIFICATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION
Meetings will be conducted in-person and via Zoom.
The Beautification and Natural Resources Commission consists of seven members. The Beautification Committee and Natural Resources Committee were joined together in February 2004 to create a body that would develop and recommend projects, programs, and activities for the beautification of the city; to advise on natural resources and beautification matters; to advise on landscaping, beautification projects, and design plans in the business district, support, encourage, and facilitate the conservation, restoration, and improvement of natural resources in the City; to develop an urban forest vegetation and wildlife habitat management program, and to coordinate such plan with the City's general plan.
- Pacific Grove Municipal Code Chapter 3.24 Beautification and Natural Resources Commission
- Natural Resource Areas and Associated Natural Resources
- Memorial Tree/Bench Program
- Tree Permits and Information
- Pacific Grove Landscape Guidelines and Plant Palette
- Coastal Wildlife Protection Advisory Committee Report
- Harbor Seal Protection Ordinance
- Single-Use-Plastic Ordinance
- Local Coastal Program (LCP) Land Use Plan and Implementing Ordinances
- Shoreline Management Plan
- Area of Special Biological Significance
- Council Policy on Acceptance of Outdoor Art Donations
- Integrated Pest Management Plan
- Beautification and Natural Resources Commission Goals for 2023
Meetings, Minutes & AgendasAgendas are typically posted 72 hours prior to each meeting. Minutes are posted after they are approved. Agendas and minutes will be accessible on the website for approximately 24 months.
View and Search Meetings
(september 2020 - present)
For meetings prior to September 2020, search the tables below. As per the City's retention policy, the current year and past 3 years agendas and minutes are published online. If you wish to find data prior to this timeframe, or supporting documents for an entry, you may contact the City Manager's Office or the BCC staff liaison whose contact information is in the left sidebar of this page. A member of staff will be able to assist in pulling information from City archives. Audio recordings are searchable on SoundCloud here. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
|07/21/2020 Regular meeting
|02/18/2020 Regular Meeting
|01/21/2020 Regular meeting