The purpose of the Downtown Business Improvement District ist to market and promote downtown Pacific Grove. The BID is an advisory board that is elected by members located in the downtown district. The board is approved and appointed by the Council. (See Reso No. 07-042
.) There are 360 member-businesses that are licensed to do business in the downtown district.Recent Projects:
Agendas are typically posted 72 hours prior to each meeting. Minutes are posted after they are approved. Agendas and minutes will be accessible on the website for approximately 24 months.
- Support Hotel Durrell, new hotel at 157 Grand Avenue
- Purchased and display lanterns downtown during the Feast of Lanterns
- Funded downtown directional signs
- Produced spring, fall , and holiday promotional events
- Maintained a downtown website
- Hosted a downtown butterfly art project
- Purchased flower baskets to beautify the downtown area
- Advertising in local newspapers and magazines
As per the City's retention policy, the current year and past 3 years agendas and minutes are published online. If you wish to find data prior to this timeframe, or supporting documents for an entry, you may contact the City Manager's Office or the BCC staff liaison whose contact information is in the left sidebar of this page. A member of staff will be able to assist in pulling information from City archives. Thank you for your patience and understanding.