National Voter Registration Day
Who is eligible to register to vote?
To register to vote, you must be:
- A United States citizen and a resident of California,
- 18 years old or older on Election Day,
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship).
To register to vote, voters can:
- Visit: https://registertovote.ca.gov/
- Complete a paper registration card available at your local elections department, DMV, Post office and Library
Anyone who is eligible and:
- Has never registered to vote,
- Has changed their place of residence since last registering,
- Wants to change their political party affiliation, or
- Has changed their name and or signature since last registering