Looking for a preschool, recreation program, sport or leisure activity? We may have just the right spot for you!
Recreation Needs Assessment
The City wants to enhance recreational opportunities and foster a healthy, vibrant community. To achieve these goals, we asked for your feedback and input. Here is the Recreation Needs Assessment document and associated exhibits:
- Recreation Needs Assessment
- Appendix A: Complete Set of Survey Responses
- Appendix B: Research Instruments
- Appendix C: City Council Adopted Recreation Needs Assessment Goal
- Appendix D: Recreation Services Provided by the City and Comparable Cities
- Appendix E: City of Pacific Grove Recreation Goals and Policies
- Appendix F: Community Engagement
- Registration for Summer Programs opens April 16th 2018!
- 2018-19 Special Events Calendar
- Adult Programs and Sports
- Park and Facility Map
- Youth Center
- Youth Programs and Sports
Don't overlook our Recreational Facilities such as Chautauqua Hall which is a popular venue for private receptions and meetings.
To find out how you can reserve a park or facility for your event, check the Plan Your Event page.
Pacific Grove is a wonderful place to hold a Special Event. The Big Sur Half Marathon, Triathlon at Pacific Grove, Good Old Days, Historic Home Tour, and Feast of Lanterns are just a few of the special events that draw thousands of people to Pacific Grove every year. To apply to host a Special Event in the City of Pacific Grove, please complete the Special Event Application and return it to the Recreation Department as soon as possible. The City staff will need time to approve and plan your event. Thank you.