Gas and Electricity for the City is provided by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
24 Hour Emergency & Customer Service: 1-800-743-5000
24 Hour Power Outage Information Line: 1-800-743-5002
You have the power to save money and energy. Saving energy reduces the overall demand for resources needed to make energy, and increasing your energy efficiency is like adding another clean energy source to our electric power grid.
The HERO Program is the most widely adopted Residential PACE Program in the U.S., accounting for 95% of all projects. The program is offered in over 200 cities, has financed more than $375 Million in energy and water saving improvements with 9 out of 10 customers saying they’d recommend HERO to a friend. HERO offers homeowners additional consumer protection benefits including extensive contractor training, fair-price monitoring, experienced customer service reps, and dispute resolution assistance to resolve any consumer complaints. The HERO Program benefits homeowners, the environment, and the community.
For more information go to City of Pacific Grove HERO Program or call the Housing Division at 831.648.3199
Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG) Energy Watch Program serves PG&E customers in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties with a range of energy efficiency services.
AMBAG Energy Watch reduces energy use in our area by providing the following resources to eligible PG&E customers:
- energy assessments and audits
- direct installation of energy efficient equipment
- technical assistance and financial incentives for energy efficient retrofits in municipal buildings
- energy efficiency seminars and training courses in the region
- information on other PG&E energy efficiency programs and services
- assistance accessing 0% or 3% financing for energy efficiency projects
PG&E offer their residential customers a range of programs, services, rebates and incentives designed to help you reduce your total energy use and manage your monthly energy costs.
For information about the many opportunities available to you, contact:
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Easy low-cost and no-cost ways to save energy
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn things off when you are not in the room such as lights, TVs, entertainment systems, and your computer and monitor.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use -- TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow showerheads for additional energy savings.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Air dry clothes.
- Check to see that windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Drive sensibly; aggressive driving such as speeding, and rapid acceleration and braking, wastes fuel.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® label on light bulbs, home appliances, electronics, and other products. ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
Access a Residential Energy Audit Online
The first step in achieving an energy-efficient home requires understanding where your energy is going. PG&E has created the online tool called the Home Energy Checkup to help each residence understand its home’s energy usage and to create a personalized energy plan to reduce energy use. Simply go to PG&E Analyzer and take the Home Energy Checkup now.