Each year the Housing Division of the City of Pacific Grove provides public education to draw attention to housing discrimination and the City’s commitment to protecting the fair housing rights of its citizens. We ask our community colleagues, realtors, lenders and property managers to proudly display their support of Fair Housing Laws.
Everyone can learn something new about how Housing discrimination affects real people. A Matter of Place video story.
According to the Census Bureau’s American Survey estimates, a little more than half of occupied housing units in the City of Pacific Grove are renter occupied. It is estimated that more than 35 % of renters pay more than 30 % their household income to rent. The Housing Division receives most housing discrimination complaints from renters. The goal of the City's Housing programs is to help individuals and the community, understand the importance of fair housing, of equal opportunities for all people and to become aware of problems related to housing discrimination.
Public Service Brochures
- The Case for Fair Housing Report
- Families with Children are protected by Fair Housing Laws
- Trends in Fair Housing 2013 - Press Release
- How housing discrimination can affect you
- Report on Fair Housing Complaints - California Department of Fair Housing & Employment
- Housing Discrimination Against Racial and Ethnic Minorities - HUD 2012
- Are you a victim of housing discrimination?
- Don't be a victim of mortgage loan fraud
- Fair Lending Practices
- Equal Housing Opportunities for All
To Report Housing Discrimination call 1-800-669-9777 or TTY 1-800-927-9275 or file a complant online.
For more information go to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity