The Building Division performs two types of inspections:
Residential Zoning Records Report (City Report) Inspection:
A residential property inspection requires that an exterior inspection and report be obtained through Building Permit & Inspection Services prior to the close of escrow, transfer of title for sale or exchange of any residential property, on all single-family dwellings, condos and apartment buildings. You can print the application form and fax it to (831) 646-5643 or bring it to our office.
When calling the Inspection Line at (831)-646-3890 to schedule an inspection, please have the following information available:
- Permit Number
- Job Address - please include the street name and number
- Type of Inspection needed
- Date that the inspection is requested for
- Name and phone number of whom to contact with questions.
- No confirmation call will be made.
- For inspections, someone must be present if access is required.
- The plans and job card must be left at the site for inspector review.
- Permits expire one year after permit issuance or last inspection.
- Inspection requests received before 2:00 p.m. will be scheduled for the next business day.
- Inspection requests received after 2:00 p.m. may be scheduled on the following day.