Pebble Beach Company has announced the closure of 17-Mile Drive to tourist traffic and all beaches, beach parking and turnouts within the Del Monte Forest from Friday, September 4 through Monday, September 7. Only residents and their guests, members and guests of private clubs, and those with confirmed hotel, dining, or golf reservations will be allowed access through the security gates. The beaches, beach parking and 17-Mile Drive turnouts will be closed to all visitors, residents and guests.
17-Mile Drive will reopen on Tuesday, September 8, and access to the Del Monte Forest will resume normal operations.
All beaches, beach parking, coastal lookout points, and turnouts in Pebble Beach will be barricaded and closed to visitors, residents, and guests for the four-day period. No walking, picnicking, or sunbathing on the beaches will be allowed. Similarly, beach access for water recreation, like swimming, surfing, kayaking, and fishing, etc., will NOT be allowed. The coastal walking path along 17-Mile Drive and the Del Monte Forest hiking and equestrian trails will be open.
Below are the details of what to expect:
- Residents with the proper gate emblem/pass will be allowed entry. It is important that you display the proper gate pass to help expedite the entry process.
- Guests of residents will only be allowed entry through the gates if the resident places their names on the gate list. If you are expecting guests, please call (831) 625-8428 to add guest names to the gate list.
- To help reduce traffic into the gates, we ask that contractors and service providers enter Del Monte Forest only for the most necessary, time-sensitive work during the four-day period. All contractors and service providers must have a gate pass or be on the gate list, and should expect to be stopped at the gate.
- Confirmed hotel guests, and those with dining or golf reservations, will be allowed access. Please make an advance reservation if you plan to enjoy our resort facilities this long weekend. Beach Club and Spanish Bay Club members will have access as well with the proper credential.
- Members and guests of Cypress Point Club, Monterey Peninsula Country Club and Poppy Hills Golf Course will be allowed access. Students, faculty and staff of Stevenson School will also be allowed access.
- Pedestrians and cyclists will also be allowed entry.
- Uber/Lyft rideshare services with the appropriate app verification will be allowed entry.
Click Here to read the full message from Bill Perocchi, CEO, Pebble Beach Company.