Beginning Thursday, March 18th the State supported COVID-19 testing sites in Castroville, Salinas, Seaside and Soledad will be open from 8 am to 8 pm, Thursday through Monday. Due to this change all four sites will be closed on Tuesday, March 16th and Wednesday, March 17th.
The change is being made to increase accessibility, especially for those who work weekdays and cannot get away for a testing appointment.
Testing remains an important part of the County’s response to COVID-19. Testing helps us keep track of variants and where the pandemic is headed. Additionally, without testing, there is no way to make use of one of the most important tools for fighting infectious diseases: contact tracing. While the public may view vaccination as a priority now, widespread testing is still essential for infection control. Individuals are encouraged to get tested.
Who should get tested?
- People with symptoms of COVID-19, including people that have had COVID-19 and people who have already been vaccinated.
- People who are infectious can be identified and isolate from others to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- People who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19
- People who are exposed to COVID-19 and in quarantine can find out if they have developed COVID-19 and can then isolate appropriately
- People who cannot work from home and must engage the public
- Regular screening can identify people who have developed COVID-19 and can then remove themselves from the worksite and prevent further spread of COVID-19 at work.
- People who have been advised by their health care provider to get tested.
To make an appointment to get tested at any of the four State supported sites call 1-888-634-1123 or visit https://lhi.care/