If you have lost income due to the impact of COVID-19 on our community, you may be eligible for rent and utility assistance.
In collaboration with the County of Monterey, United Way Monterey County is providing financial assistance to eligible tenants who are experiencing unemployment and loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Tenants living within the County of Monterey, regardless of immigration status
- Income loss must be related to COVID-19
- Tenants may have formal or informal lease arrangements
- At or below 80% Area Median Income of Monterey County
*Program will prioritize funding for low-income tenants (at or below 50% AMI), as well as those who are at immediate risk of homelessness, or have rental arrears
|Household||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM LIMITATIONS?
- Rent plus utilities assistance not to exceed 12 months of assistance per tenant
- Only 3 months may be future rent payments
- Rent arrears must be paid before future payments
Applicants must provide the following information to apply:
- Documentation of housing or financial instability resulting from loss or reduction in income due to COVID-19
- Proof of income eligibility (2020 tax return, recent paystub, W-2, bank statement, unemployment award/benefit, hour reduction notice from employer)
- Government-issued ID (from any country) that includes a photo, name, and birthday for the head of household
- Rent due notices
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Monterey County residents have two options to apply:
1. Fill out the application at www.MCRentHelp.com
2. Call 211 Monterey County by dialing 211. Call Specialists will determine your eligiblity for assistance