June 28, 2018
Today’s Date: Monday, June 25, 2018
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Susana Z. Cruz (bilingual) or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3138 or 549-3189 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DRAINAGE SYSTEM PROJECT ON HIGHWAY 68 (HOLMAN) IN PACIFIC GROVE REQUIRES FIVE OVERNIGHT FULL CLOSURES BEGINNING TOMORROW NIGHT
MONTEREY COUNTY – Caltrans is installing a drainage system on Hwy. 68 (Holman) from Morse Drive to Skyline Forest Drive in Pacific Grove of Highway 68 requiring five overnight closures beginning tomorrow night, Tuesday, June 26, Caltrans officials have announced. Details are as follows:
- The five overnight closures are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, June 26 from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning)
- Wednesday, June 27 from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning)
- Thursday, June 28 from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning)
- Sunday, July 1 from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning)
- Monday, July 2 from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning)
- The detour in place is: Munras St. to Pacific St. to Lighthouse Ave. and back up to David St. to Pacific Grove.
- NOTE: only patients, staff, emergency responders and emergency services needing to reach the Community hospital will be granted access.
Roadwork hours are from 9 pm to 5 am (next morning). Motorists can expect delays of up to 20 minutes—the time it takes to get through the detour. Electronic message boards will be activated to inform the public about this roadwork.
Please refer to Google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/search/highway+68+between+morse+drive+and+skyline+for email@example.com,-121.9279704,16.05z
The contractor for this $3 million drainage installation construction project is Granite Construction of Watsonville, CA. It is part of a larger project that began two weeks ago and is scheduled to complete by the end of October, weather permitting.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway work zones.
For more information on this project and for traffic updates on other Caltrans projects in Monterey County, residents can call the District 5 toll free number at 1-831-372-0862 or visit our website at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/paffairs/release.htm#mon