Home » What is a Capital Improvement Program (CIP)?
What is a Capital Improvement Program (CIP)?
A Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is a long-range plan that:
1. Identifies capital projects and equipment purchases
2. Provides an implementation schedule
3. Identifies options for capital project financing
4. Identifies Councils strategic initiative
5. Links capital projects to budgets
The CIP contains a complete list of the capital projects and equipment to be purchased, project financing, project time tables, project information and justification, and expenditure requirements for each project.
The CIP serves as the basis for planning the Capital Improvement Projects Budget over the next 5 fiscal years. The CIP is updated annually.